About the Curriculum
Tariq Bin Ziad Curriculum
Tariq Bin Ziad School is an authorized school for IB accreditation, so we offer the IB program for the primary level. The Primary Years Program is a curriculum designed for students between the ages of 3 to 12 years, in which the focus is on developing the child’s perceptions as a researcher, inside the classroom and in the outside world.
The curriculum at Tariq Bin Ziad School reflects the concept that students have very individual learning styles. In their classrooms, students and teachers collaborate to develop meaningful individual goals in an environment that emphasizes curricular philosophies such as cooperative teaching and question-based learning.
What is so special about the PYP?
The PYP focuses on the development of the whole child, and provides a framework that can meet a child’s academic, social, physical, emotional and cultural needs. It is inquiry based and lends itself to being integrated across the curriculum. Students take ownership of their learning and develop skills and attitudes to help prepare them for life in a global world. The PYP also caters for all the different kinds of learners in the classroom. There is literally something for everybody. The PYP also tends to let students get a deeper understanding of the concepts. They will be on the road to becoming a World Citizen.
Tariq Bin Ziad primary years curriculum:
- Is developmentally appropriate: Academically, psychologically, socially and emotionally
- Emphasizes skills and process approach
- Nurture local and global awareness
- Stresses «how to learn» rather than «what to learn»
- Reflects a variety of teaching and learning styles
- Develops the use of dual language across the entire curriculum and incorporates a range of authentic assessment strategies.